Sunday, February 05, 2012

grave digger

Yes... I did it again... robbed an ancient grave site... in my head... what's on the left is spoken for... me... ;)
Vintage wool... well at least 15 years old... I washed it but there are still pieces of straw in it... it belonged to a very kind ram that we had.. he's buried somewhere in a field but the exact spot is long forgotten... maybe that's better like that... otherwise I would have dug it up to get his skull...
And that is what I did with the wool... I needle felted it (good job I bought a few needles... broke one)... the focal is a ceramic piece I made years ago... There's an iron spike a colleague gave me, some burlap I dyed and very soft leather... the neckpiece is upcycled from an old necklace ( I might not keep it or alter it a bit)... now should I add the ostrich egg shell discs or not... that is the question...
A piece of wood that Alek sent, I carved it a bit... it somehow wanted to be a ghostly horse...
Custom order... something between mourning jewelry and memento mori... very different from what I usually make...
Been a bit busy after all despite the cold...
Thanks for all the comments you left on the previous posts... :)
Hope you're all keeping warm and creative... :))
... me thinks blogger has pms again... won't let me add link to the post... can't highlight the words... wordpress is getting more and more tempting...

8 comments:

alek said...

love all the beads steph, the horse carving is beautiful, and the necklace.

alek said...

personally i like the ostrich egg shells - like the contrast

Petra Carpreau said...

That little horse head would be welcome in my bed any day!! That cold weather seems to be taking your creativity in some wonderful directions. Spectacular bit of grave robbing!!!

Gayle said...

ah....you are such a good grave robber.......
love your felted piece, agree with Alek.....like the shell bits on it.

Stay warm..............

Toni said...

You have a wonderful eye for the extraordinary! Keep the robbery going!

Anonymous said...

Tout est très beau! Ca me donne envie de reprendre mes perles et mes aiguilles.
J'ai essayé de laisser un commentaire sur ton autre blog mais je ne sais pas ce que je dois sélectionner...
Ah et je n'ai toujours pas posté ton enveloppe, j'ai été retardée par des microbes, mais cette semaine promis!
Bon je retourne essayer de broder des mots, pour faire un "collier parlant".
Bises et bon week-end,
LM

Still Waters Studio said...

I think it should all be displayed in a museum. Amazing pieces!

Dia Blog said...

Loved reading this tthank you