Sunday, July 08, 2012

this and that...

This is what my "cousin" brought me back from RDC... said I needed a shell to protect me...  cool thing... I wish I could have browsed that traditional market he went to...


And this is my cousin's band in action... he's the singer...



Found this ring (or should I say it found me) in an antique tribal shop... I think it's from Afghanistan... I'll visit that shop again soon... with my camera... I want to write something about it... it's so unique...

Not far from that shop is the weekly flea market... found this beaded knife...

And this ivory necklace (for next to nothing... clasp broken... so  I won't feel guilty for taking it apart).

3 comments:

Narrative jewelry said...

Merci pour ton adorable message sur mes perles en verre.

Véronique

Gayle said...

Good shopping! I love all the things you found, especially the ring.

stregata said...

The shell is fabulous and congrats on the ivory necklace - great find! At the flea markets here, whenever I pick up a piece of carved bone, the seller will tell me it is ivory... sheesh.