Thursday, June 23, 2011

herbalista

St John's wort, in French millepertuis.

It's time to harvest it to make some red oil. You chop the leaves and flowers, fill a jar with them, pour olive oil and leave the jar alone in a sunny spot for one month at least, the oil will turn red. After one month or so, you filter it and bottle it ( you can add a few drops of lavender oil). It can be used for burns, rash, sunburns...





Cinnamon... really a magical spice... since I gave up diet coke ( and all kinds of chemical sodas) I've been craving for cinnamon... I sprinkle it on my morning muesli, in my soy latte, on diced apples... yesterday I was a bit worried it might not be very good for me so I did some research and found out that it's quite the opposite... cinnamon is GOOD for you...


Note : don't use the St John's wort oil if you go out in the sun... use it after... it's photosensible...

2 comments:

Gayle said...

I wonder if that would work with my St Johns wort? The flowers of mine look like yours, but mine has larger leaves I think.

I ordered /received the book you recommended......I can see why it's one of your favorites...
I can't wait to get deeper into it!
Thanks!!!

Still Waters Studio said...

I'll have to try that with my St. John's wort. Thanks for posting that!