Sunday, September 04, 2011

close

Ingredients : hand dyed cheese cloth, glass beads, bone beads, fox bone, buffalo teeth, wolf teeth, turquoise, coral, shell, ostrich eggshell heishis, brass bells ( the one in the center is a very old chinese bronze bell), raw amber, old coins, tiny old medals, tiny silver bells,...

This was also my very first attempt at the "lazy stitch"... and rather enjoyed the technique... what I really liked also is that there are many layers of fabric so the necklace is more or less like a tiny quilt...
I'm still not sure about the clasp... so will post a picture of it when I make up my mind about it...


I have decided not to worry anymore about prospective buyers or exhibition or "wasting materials"... so I will make more pieces like this one... pieces for which I invest a lot of time, a lot of materials and a lot of love...





A Sunday song for your ears... :)

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I have always heard...create what you love and and the buyers will seek you out:) All your work is beyond wonderful...but this piece is high art:)I am glad you will do more of this style art!

Anonymous said...

Oooooooooooohhhhhhhhh!!!! Il est terrible!! Toutes ces couleurs et ces matières... c'est superbe! Vivement la suite :-)
Pour le reste, je fais l'inverse en ce moment, je commence à faire des bijoux pour les vendre,j'ai amassé trop du trucs au fil des années...
Bonne rentrée,
LM

A Wild Thing said...

I love it, so ancestral, you can almost feel the tribal pride in this piece, each artifact having it's own story to tell and such intricate beading...simply stunning!!!

By the way...the deed is done...chicken dinner anyone?!

Have a great day Steph and keep concocting those decadent delights!

sharon

Gayle said...

Your art should please you first.

Palimpa Lim said...

"Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive and then go do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive."
-Howard Thurman-

... and jewelry like this, I would like to add.

Unknown said...

beautiful Steph...love savoring this piece while listening to Leonard Cohen.

I agree that you shouldn't worry about the potential customer or gallery and just create these pieces because they move you.
x..x
s

Still Waters Studio said...

You are amazingly unique! Another beautiful, intriguing creation!

Bohemian said...

I really like this piece, it has a Tribal quality to it and it is so beautifully crafted!

Dawn... The Bohemian

Knitinator said...

I just had a wonderful trip through your blog. Beautiful work. Thanks for posting it.

Judy Romero said...

Hello mate grreat blog post