Sunday, July 10, 2011

Fed up...




I know this blog is dedicated to my creative life but…
I am so disgusted by some research I did that I want to share it with you…
So here’s my rant…
The food industry is a criminal organization… on one hand they are starving people in South to satisfy the markets in North and on the other they are slowly killing people in North with (sorry for the bad language but hey, it’s a rant) the crap they add to the food… Palm oil, corn syrup and glutamate are some of the worst… No wonder obesity is epidemic, no wonder kids can’t concentrate in the classrooms… The crap they feed us are making us fat and dumb… if we, the consumers, don’t react, we will soon look like the humans in Wall-e … unless the predicted financial collapse makes things even…




One way to react and to act is to read the list of ingredients on the food you buy... unfortunatelly I don't think it's possible to avoid these poisons completely... but still, less is better...

2 comments:

Still Waters Studio said...

I've been fed up for a long time. It is scary and most people aren't aware of what they are eating. Also, it seems that the ingredient lists are printed smaller and smaller until you almost need a magnifying glass to read the poison they are trying to feed you.
Growing our own and buying local and fresh are the best ways to eat. I am thankful to live in an area where I can do that.

lyle baxter said...

my #1 gripe in the processed food dept. is high fructose corn syrup! aside from the fact that many people have adverse reactions to it in their food the manufacturers tell us sugar is sugar so whats the fuss! the fuss is if you read the contents list on many items you will see sugar listed along with high fructose corn syrup so thats at least double the amount you or I need in our Ritz crackers! If the public would use their brains and refuse to buy items that are high in unnecessary sweetners perhaps we could persuade the food industry to stop fattening us up! thanks for the space to gripe!