Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Dead Flower WIP

plaster, hemp, clay
That's 2 hours worth of work. I'm quite pleased with the result. I knew I wanted to make a face but I had no idea what it would look like when I started to work on it. It's not quite finished, it's calling for some "embellishments". She will have a few sisters too...
Thanks for all the previous comments about the pictures in the magazine. I took them, it was a pain but it seems it was worth it!
Lucinda, yes the first necklace is the ever-changing "monster", it weighs a ton now!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Can't put limitations on the weight of true art:)

She cries for a short story to go with her...Hidden Missives has spoiled me with names and story lines!

Can't wait to see what you do next...and her "sisters" as well.

Cindy said...

Very intriguing. Looking forward to seeing more. It's always wonderful when you don't know what will come out of an exploration and then you are happily surprised.

Lucie said...

Sûr qu'il lui faudrait une histoire. On peut déjà lui mettre lui mettre une épitaphe (belge): "Une belle chose ne meurt pas sans avoir purifié quelque chose" (Maeterlinck). Ca te va?

Jay King said...

Thanks, WS. At least Steph's has hair.