Sunday, March 23, 2008

Exhibition Book






I decided to make a book with the pictures of the exhibition ...

So I cut two pieces of pine wood, altered them to make them look ancient. Then I tied two old rusty nails to the front cover and an embossed piece of brass. I used leather for the spine, the pages are bound with the coptic stitch ( kind of ... I need more practice). Inside are the pictures of the exhibition and later I will add some words ...
I always enjoyed making books and the discovery of the work of Judy of Red Velvet and Nina Bagley led me to new horizons ...

6 comments:

Still Waters Studio said...

Ooooooooo! I love the book. That gives me lots of ideas. I really like the tooled metal on the front and of course the rusty nails.
Sherry

Ro Bruhn said...

Great book, the covers are fabulous.

ArtMind said...

That book looks great!
I haven't been able to make it to the exhibition yet and unfortunately I probably won't be able to visit in these last days.
I hope all went well and I'm sure you received many, many compliments on that wonderful work of yours.

Anonymous said...

Tu sais décidément tout faire! Le livre est magnifique. Tes photos m'ont refait penser à l'Evangile selon Saint-Mathieu de Pasolini, un de mes films préférés...
Merci pour les liens; je les avais déjà vus mais cette fois, ils sont dans mes favoris!
Lucie

Stephanie said...

wonderful...the cover is a perfect holder for your photos....love this idea!

thealteredpage said...

Spectacular book! It really is wonderful.